Is it mapwindow 6 support vs2010?

May 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM

Is somebody show me how to start an application with mapwindow 6 use vs2010? When i  add mapwindow.dll to vs2010 toolbox and use it to create a windowsform application,till i press F5 to run it ,it show me the error:not using the mapwindow.dll? I don't know why.

May 30, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Edited May 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Have you add the reference to your project? Have you import the dll (Imports MapWindow.Map)?

Have a look at the high speed video demos at the bottom of the main page (Home) and the  sample code page.

Good luck, Micha

May 31, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Thanks gismic to answer me!

I create the application as Programming Example PDFs: Add a Map control to the Form tell me,I  even  don't write a word with it. I just drag a map control and a legend control to the form,then i press F5 to run it,it still can't run success! But i can do it success with vs2008!  Waiting for your answer online!

Good luck!

May 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Edited May 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I guess you can wait here for ages for some answers, because I think you are posting in the wrong discussion forum. If you want to build an application from the scratch you should go to dotspatial.codeplex.com.

Help from this forum will give you more answers like this:

In the c# Visual Studio Solution Explorer, right-click on the name of your project and choose "Properties". In Properties go to "Application". Check the Target Framework. You must change the "Target Framework" from ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile" to ".NET Framework 4".

Have fun. I'm just a beginner at DotSpatial like you but I got it run under VS2010 :-)

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Thanks very much!

I have solve my problem with your solution!

Best wishes!

Sep 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

M2 and it works  but many samples are sadly outdated.... there is only one solution and thats to help each other small steps further....