Google, OpenStreetMap Maps

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Does someone in the know think it would be possible to create a plugin for MapWindow that can provide map layers based on Google,Bing or OpenStreetMap

GMap.NET already does this (not SHP Files tho) but I'm concerned getting the co-ordinate systems and exact Lat,Long points to match would be difficult.

Cheers.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I think that would be possible. To see one example, open the extensions manager, Go online, and check out the WebMap extension.

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:56 AM

That is very cool, certainly has potential. 

Seems quite hard to re-project the loaded SHP file to the right system to match OpenStreetMap etc.

Anyone know what the projections should be.?

Developer
Nov 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM

You need to re-project the loaded SHP file to 'Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere' (KnownCoordinateSystems.Projected.World.WebMercator)

If you add a shapefile with projection information to the map (if there exists a .prj file) then your shapefile will be automatically re-projected to WebMercator when it's being added to the map.

cheers,

Jiri

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Thanks guys that is awesome. Works VERY well. Something our $4500 component could not offer us.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:46 AM
mudnug wrote:

I think that would be possible. To see one example, open the extensions manager, Go online, and check out the WebMap extension.

I have tried but I got a windows: "Skipping extension DotSpatial.Plugins.Webmap, Version=0.11.9.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. Could not load file or assembly 'BruTile, Version=0.6.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=00e75fd79e391f40' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified"

Please help me to resolve

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. You most likely have an old version that doesn't resolve the net40 and net40-client folders. Can you verify you have 1.1 or more recent?

I'm also checking a new build of the extensions that will put dependencies in the net40-Client folder, but that may not solve your issue.