This project is read-only.

Need steps for built instruction

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
For step3
Fixup DotSpatial Dll references and copy needed extensions to Application Extensions folder.

Can someone give more detail, the NuGet can't fix all the reference. Copying all the DLLs built by dotSpatial project do not solve the problem. nor the DLL from Map6 click once installed.

BTW, any timetable for a stable release of the executable?
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I finally got a Map6 type working. I switched to hydrodesktop and is on my way to switch from Map4x OCX to dotSpatial base. Here was my steps

https://hydrodesktop.codeplex.com/discussions/448777
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
After playing with hydrodesktop for few days, got some ideas regarding dotSpatial design. I went back to Map6. I started with a clean Win7 PC, install vs2012Express, installed the latest dotSpatial (72529) to c:\dev, fixed up the reference, press build several times until vs2012 reported no error, then press rebuild. DON'T run demomap. download Map6 (81799), unzip it to c:\dev, again, fixed up the reference, For NattrArgs, I downloaded from https://github.com/petebarber/NAttrArgs. Compiled the app to c:\dev\dotspatial\debug\bin (this is the directory for the dotspatial binaries). ran the app, it will download two assemblies (the dockingmanager and the ribbon menu). then threw up the DLL incompatibable errors and exited. In short, the app behaved exactly like the binary installed from MAP6 install-once-from-web . At this step, if you run DemoMap, it will throw up the same error. However, if you erase all the files under c:\dev\dotspatial\debug\bin and rebuild dotspatial, then the DemoMap will run normally.

My finding suggests the DLL downloaded when the app ran first time have version conflict issue.

Further tests indicate the ribbon & menu plugins are the source of version conflict. DemoMap will reverse back to default menu after removing the DLLs associated with these two plugins