I can not find the Legend window

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Hi! I have some trouble with mapwindow6.

Why can I not find the Legend window? Need I download a extension for it? I only have the Tools tab and Faced Search tab on the left of the screen.

does somebody give me some advice? thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Try File-> Reset Window Layout.

Check the extension manager. Do you have SimpleLegend installed?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I just realized this might be an issue with an update to MW6. I look into this further a bit later.

The ClickOnce update worked correctly, but I didn't include SimpleLegend with the zip download. I'll go include it, now.

Please download the latest zip and let us know your results!

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Thanks a million!

Yes, the MapWindow 6.1.2 with legend.zip works very well!

But, the Legend didn't appear until I had deleted all the extensions files. I downloaded them again after the legend appeared. I don't know the reason, but I guess it was not a big problem. I had MW6.1 and MW6.1.2 on my computer, the problem might caused by that the different versions were not compatible.

I am sorry that my English is not very good. If you didn't understand what I was saying, please let me know.

I am looking forward to find a free GIS software to support my GBPS(GIS based Planning System) theory in China, which can make tourism planning and city planning easier, faster and more scientific.

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Hi Mudnug,

Today (25 July 2012), I just have MapWindow 6.1.2 installed by my Computer Administrator in my PC that is housed in Microsoft NT4 LAN System.  The MapWindow 6.1.2 program in my PC runs OK, but I cannot get legend appeared either.  I clicked on  File-> Reset Window Layout and nothing happened.  Please kindly help and tell me/new users what is wrong in the MapWindow 6.1.2 with legend.zip (updated by you on 3 July 2012) and how to resolve this problem. 

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang